The VCV has announced 20 July as the earliest possible return to racing. Since this was announced, there has been a spike in the number of COVID-19 cases in Victoria and a number of ‘hot spot’ local government areas and suburbs announced resulting in the state of emergency in Victoria remaining in place for the next three weeks. This will impact on our return date as our criterium course is located in one of these hot spots.
The June VCV Delegates Meeting decided that all VCV Open and Championship events scheduled for the rest of 2020 will be cancelled, due to the continued risks of COVID-19. All VCV and Conni Classic Aggregates have also be cancelled.
The Northern Committee continues to work hard behind the scenes to ensure we are ready to go when we have the green light. However, we will not be announcing any return to racing date until the State of Emergency is lifted on 19 July.
Fingers crossed we can return to racing sooner rather than later.