Northern Cycling Pandemic Plan
Member Information for Club Activities in a COVID-19 Environment
To provide a safe & healthy environment for all members, officials, spectators, public.
- To ensure all Government & Health department regulations are met.
- To ensure our members and guests are supported with the tools, resources and information to recommence club activities.
What are Club activities.
- Club activities include but are not limited to, racing, meetings, and social activities.
Who does this information relate to.
- Riders, spectators, officials and family members are all to abide by the guidelines set by Northern Cycling committee.
What can you expect from your Club.
- Northern Cycling committee has appointed 4 Pandemic Safety Officer/s to ensure all Government regulations are met. Donna Jamieson, Jo Read, Geoff Forbes & Tony Gherxi.
- Northern Cycling will provide adequate hand sanitiser stations and hand washing facilities.
- Northern Cycling will ensure a clean and sanitary environment at all times.
What we expect from you.
- Comply with the health directions of government and public health authorities at all times.
- Comply with any testing and precautionary measures implemented by Northern Cycling committee.
- Act with honesty and integrity in regard to the state of your personal health and any potential symptoms.
- Monitor your health and take a cautious approach to self-isolation and reporting of potential symptoms.
- Maintain social distancing (1.5m) between other persons, at all times.
- Attend only if you are in good health and not been in contact with anyone exposed to COVID.
- If you have recently been tested for COVID and are awaiting results, please stay home.
- Ensure you practice good hygiene including hand washing, cough/sneeze etiquette and hand sanitising at all times.
- Refrain from physical greetings and exchanges such as hugs, high fives etc…
- Minimise time spent at the Club.
- Download & activate the COVIDsafe app. Please carry your phone with you at all times.
- Complete the attendance register each and every time you attend a Club activity (Races & Club organised events).
- There is to be no sharing of equipment.
- All personal items are to be removed from site.
What you can expect on race day.
- Registrations and race instructions will be provided outdoors. This is to avoid close gatherings of people within indoor facilities*. It will be compulsory for all race entrants to enter through Entry Boss, no walk up entries on race day.
- Officials & spectators will need to abide at all times by the social distancing rules and the wearing of a mask.
- An attendance register will be set up where all attendees will record their details and contact number in order to enable contact tracing should it be necessary.
- Riders may not be able to get changed in any indoor facilities*. You need to either get changed prior to arrival or change in your vehicle.
- All club equipment used must be wiped down with disinfectant after use.
- All people entering Indoor facilities* must use sanitiser, which will be provided at the entrance.
- Indoor facilities*. If you don’t need to be there, please remain outside.
- No hanging around at the completion of a race (no congregation post finish line), leave the circuit in a safe manner and beware of other riders that will still be racing.
- Race day formats and protocols will be put out by Northern Cycling committee, when entries open up on Entry Boss.
In the event of an infection of COVID at our Club or a possible source of infection.
- Northern Cycling activities will cease immediately.
- The Department of Health & Human Services will commence contact tracing.
- Northern Cycling will not reopen until all risk of infection is eliminated.
*Where indoor facilities are available for use of the toilets (example cafe at National Blvd)